We don’t want to let go of the summer as yet, but let’s be honest, we are half way through August and September, October and November are just around the corner. In no time at all you will start to see the telltale signs of Autumn; the leaves changing colours and gently falling to the ground. So, let’s take a moment and plan ahead, because maintaining your yard during the Autumn season can be strenuous and time consuming, but it is so very important in preparation for the Winter.
It Essential To Clean Up The Fallen Leaves:
- Leaves left on the lawn will stop grass from getting the necessary sunlight and will result in brown patches or dead patches in the lawn.
- Leaves left on the lawn also deprive the turf of important oxygen.
- Consider 1. and 2. With the addition of moisture and you will end up with fungus issues, which can remain dormant over the Winter but come back with a vengeance in the Spring.
Other Important, Yet Often Forgotten, Tasks In A Fall Clean Up.
- Lawns should be cut short to prevent fungus problems.
- Fertilizer high in phosphorus should be applied to condition for healthy turf growth in the Spring.
- Remove all leaves, branches, twigs and general debris from the lawn as well as garden beds.
- Perennials should be dead-headed, meaning remove all dead flower heads, to promote growth in the spring.
- Mulch should be turned and roughed up to eliminate and avoid any mold that may be setting in.
- Trim and shape hedges and shrubs for a last time prior to the Winter. It will maintain a neat appearance throughout the frigid season and will also prevent snow and ice damage.
- Any dead wood or cross branches should be removed as they may cause pest issues with animals and insects making homes for the Winter season.
You can either put in the time, or you can put in the money to get the necessary work professionally done. Whichever you choose, rest assured that it will pay off in the end with a beautiful property ready for a lovely Christmas display, and again the benefits will be seen come the Spring, when your yard and garden wakes from its sleep.
Timbers Property Maintenance & Snow Removal offers lawn care, gardening, general property maintenance and snow removal services. We are an authentically family owned-and-operated business local to the North York and Northern Toronto area with over 15 years experience in the industry. Our qualified, specialist yet familial approach to yard maintenance and snow removal, serving only our local community, ensures a personalized and affordable experience for both large and small residences, as well as commercial properties.
If you prefer your property maintenance professionals to take on a local and compassionate approach to the needs of your home, please contact us at your convenience by emailing email@example.com, calling (416) 827 – 8730 or filling out our online contact form. We’re always here for you.